Thursday, February 11, 2010

Will my check clear right away if I turn it in to my landlord today?

I get paid the next day through direct deposit but my rent is due today, do you think it should be ok to turn in the rent check today let's say after 3 P.M. to be on the safe side? My direct deposit always clears after 12 AM the next day. So if my landlord were to cash the check the tomorrow it should be ok.Will my check clear right away if I turn it in to my landlord today?
yes if you pay after 3. banks allow businesses to scan checks and email for deposit. so they can clear same day.





i doubt your landlord has that set up.





take check as late as possible today. closer to 5 pm if you can.Will my check clear right away if I turn it in to my landlord today?
Your cheque should be okay, especially if there is money going into the account that day (relatively speaking). Generally, banks put a hold on a cheque for a few days to make sure it clears. If not, then the recipient would get a letter from the bank with a copy of your check saying Non Sufficient Funds + service charge.
You would know better than anyone here on Yahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment