Tuesday, February 23, 2010

If I undo the battery will that clear the code for check engine? I had a fuel injection cleaning, now lite is?

I had a fuel injection cleaning and the engine lite came on. It has been over 2 weeks now, I have driven it well over 100 miles, how do I get the lite to go off?If I undo the battery will that clear the code for check engine? I had a fuel injection cleaning, now lite is?
No there's a code that has to be reset. In TX you can go to Auto Zone and they'll do it free.If I undo the battery will that clear the code for check engine? I had a fuel injection cleaning, now lite is?
that may do it, but the best thing to do is go to ADVANCE auto parts, they have the machine they can plug into your car and it will give a list of codes for the reason the lite to be on, and they can also input the clear code for you and get the lite to turn off, the best thing about it its


FREE
unplugging the battery will temporarily shut the light off . you need to have the code removed with a OBDII tool. at the same time having the code read , making sure of no firther problems. auto zone , advance auto parts , oreilly, can do this pending on your car being 1996 or newer.
ok for one if it wasnt on before and now it on after they cleaned it.they messed somethiing up.take it back. at our garage if we didnt get it right we do it until we do. coustomer service is every thing.oh and undoing the batt sometimes will clear code but if its on you pcm is telling you something is wrong. the light will just come back on.
If you have it cleared, it will just come back on, in most cases you need a new oxygen sensor, clearing it won't keep it off, but a small piece of black tape over the light will

No comments:

Post a Comment