Friday, February 26, 2010

How long will it take for my check to clear? Help!?

Ok the deal is, I had a car emergency this month that soaked up all my funds.....Now my rent is due....I wrote the check and they received it on Saturday....I have 950 bucks in my account and my rent is 1150....I get paid on Friday and I will have more than enough to cover the difference....what do you think I should do? I've never been late on one bill in my life, and I'm freaking out....It's so embarrasing to ask my friends....so help! I need advice!! (Please be kind....)How long will it take for my check to clear? Help!?
I work at a bank and let me tell you, this kind of question is SOO annoying haha...but in your case it's not because you're not calling the bank to ask!


When the check is going to clear, really depends on your land lord and when he/she deposits the check! Generally it takes up to 3 business days for a check to go through once it's presented to the bank. That could vary depending if you use the same bank which would make it faster, if their bank it's not local it could take up to 5 business days and also what time your bank's cut off date is. Where I work any debits can present to your account up till midnight so that gets a lot of people into trouble.


If you have overdraft protection then that's your saftest bet. It's only a $200 difference.


Good luck!How long will it take for my check to clear? Help!?
All banks differ but usually takes at least 5 business days for a personal check to clear
Talk to your land lord.Explain everything to him.If you never been late before,he will most likely give you a break.
If you have never been late with the rent, I say just speak with your landlord. I would give them what you have nad then let them know when you will have the rest.
Depending on if your landlord banks at the same bank you do, it could take up to Monday for it to clear, or Thursday. It just depends on where they bank and what day they deposit. I would just call my landlord and ask them if they could please hold the check until you get paid on Friday. Explain that you had an unexpected car repair, you sound like you always pay your rent on time and never had a problem, I am sure they will work with you.
well ur check will clear within like 3 bus. days of depositing it, just get a payday advance loan, they ask for high interest i once borrowed 500. and they charged like 60 dollar interest but it was worth it, or go overdraft it'll be cheaper then the interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment