Saturday, February 27, 2010

2 or 5 days for check to clear?

I wrote a deposit check for an apartment at an apartment complex.


I wrote it on a Friday and it didn't post to my acount for 5 business days. My bank says it only takes two days. My bank is Bank of America and the management company uses Wachovia. I'm not used to writing paper checks. Is it normal for a check to take 5 whole days?


2 or 5 days for check to clear?
Sometimes, I would start asking questions at around 8-10 business days though.2 or 5 days for check to clear?
I think something is wrong because I write checks though wachovia all the time and it is quicker for me start calling the apartment complex and asked when did they send it off to the bank for payment. You might do not have the funds to cover it so it bounced
Normally takes less time. The complex may have held the check with other deposits until Monday or Tuesday evening. There's not much float time on checks anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment