Friday, February 26, 2010

If I deposit a personal check today at 430pm when will it clear?

Its wednesday, I can deposit about 430-5pm at bank of america. The chekc is a personal check from a wachovia account. Obviously i know banks close early tomorrow and are closed Friday, so realistically how long will it take to clear?If I deposit a personal check today at 430pm when will it clear?
as long as there are funds in the wachovia account, this deposit will be cleared by Tuesday (because of the holiday) - you also did not say if the check is from a local wachovia bank - 3 full business days for checks to clearIf I deposit a personal check today at 430pm when will it clear?
In most cases, the bank will credit the check to your account tomorrow, and make $100 of it immediately available, and the rest available on Monday. Call the bank to be certain. You could also bring the check to Wachovia, cash it, then deposit the cash which will be cleared more quickly.
I have BOA, I can speak for my account. If I put a check through their ATM, one of the ones that stays on the same business day until 8, on average 200 dollars of my check clears instantly, and the rest is pending. It all becomes available for my use right away, as long as it doesn't bounce. If it bounces you're in big trouble. If that happens too many times, form what I've heard, they stop clearing your checks instantly by flagging your account.





If your account is clean, it should work asap.
Best case - Monday





Worst case - 10 Business Days





I'm with BOA too and they say it CAN take up to 10 business days to clear a personal check, but it's usually only a few days.
With my Bank of America account the last check I deposited was cleared immediately. In fact I asked to take 20.00 cash immediately and the rest was available in my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment