Saturday, February 27, 2010

What happens if a check for a security deposit doesn't clear?

I was just looking at my daily online banking and saw that my check for security for my apartment didn't clear. I was stupid and thought that they had already cashed it since I wrote the check all the way back on August 22. I get paid on Friday and will be able to hand them a money order. Do you think that they will go for that or will i be homeless? Go easy on me. I feel bad enough as it is-What happens if a check for a security deposit doesn't clear?
If you hand them a money order, I doubt there will be any problem at all. Kicking you out would not be an easy process any way and there's no reason for them to pursue that option. They don't want to go that route just like you don't.





Relax...just call them in the morning, explain, and tell them they'll get the money on Friday...you'll be fine!What happens if a check for a security deposit doesn't clear?
Time for you to explain that you made a serious error in your banking, and quickly offer the management a cashier's check or actual cash.





Far too many folks these days do NOT pay attention to their checking account balances. It's time for you to maintain an actual check register, so that you KNOW that you have money outstanding on written checks.





You know how the system should operate. If you deposit $1,000 and write checks for $1,000, you do NOT get to spend any outstanding balance until ALL checks have cleared.

No comments:

Post a Comment