Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for my income tax check to clear at my bank?

I E-filed and did the 1-2 day thing so I should have my check my tuesday at the latest but I was wondering if I deposited it into my account how long it would take to clear before I can actually have my money.I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for my income tax check to clear at my bank?
My bank tells me 10 days when it's out of state check but the check should clear in 3 business days. I took mine inside the bank (instead of drive-through) and the office manager released the hold instantly so I could use my checking account right away.


If you've been a customer of that bank for awhile I think they'll do the same for you. If it's a large return you're receiving, they might just release part of it at least.I was wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for my income tax check to clear at my bank?
That will depend upon how large the check is and where the paying bank is located as well as your bank's policies. It can range from the same day to over a week or longer. Your bank can tell you when you present the check.





Check clearing times (maximums, there are no minimums) are governed by Regulation CC of the Federal Reserve Board. This link will help to explain it: http://www.federalreserve.gov/PUBS/RegCC鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment