Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How long does it take to clear a US$ check (from a NV bank account ) I've deposited in my FL bank account?

The check is for U$21K +.How long does it take to clear a US$ check (from a NV bank account ) I've deposited in my FL bank account?
The check will clear within a day,


but the bank will put a hold on it, usually at least 5 days. They make a profit off of the interest for this time.How long does it take to clear a US$ check (from a NV bank account ) I've deposited in my FL bank account?
normally five working days
Banks that use Check21 procedures for clearance will clear in a few hours at most and many will clear (or not!) almost immediately.
Check with your Florida bank (a phone call will do) since they may have some very specific rules re check cashing.
Well, it will process in about 24 hours, but it is very likely that your bank will put a hold on all or part of that money for up to 10 days. You should call your bank and ask them what their hold time is. If you are a long term customer or are used to depositing checks of that amount or if you have enough in the account to match that amount, you might be fine.
Some banks put a hold on it for 5 business days due to the amount. I would call the bank asap and ask.
My bank puts a hold on large out of state checks, I have had to sign a paper that says the bank is holding it for 14 BUSINESS working days. IMHO just a way for them to collect interest

No comments:

Post a Comment