Thursday, February 11, 2010

How long does it take chase bank to clear a check.?

I usually get my tax refund direct deposited but I didnt this year because I was in the process of switching banks.How long will it take my check to clear.The check will be about 7000 dollarsHow long does it take chase bank to clear a check.?
you should e mail THEM and ask this question. I would assume that since it is from a business (the IRS), it will clear when you deposit it. If it were a personal check from someone, then they might hold it until they know that that person does in fact have the money. I have had this happen to me at my credit union. A personal check was written to me and it was several hundred dollars. They processed my check BUT the money wasn't available to me for 72 hours. But I doubt your bank would hold a check that is from the IRS.How long does it take chase bank to clear a check.?
Honey an IRS check is good immediately! You should be clear to use the money as soon as it is deposited. I have had mutual fund checks immediately credited to my account as soon as it is entered, and the amount is irrelevant. I would hope you consider a CD ladder with some of the refund.

No comments:

Post a Comment