Monday, February 22, 2010

How long does it take for a personal check to clear? Please read?

i am a new landlord - i just received my first rent check - the tenants have paid by cash in the past but just obtained a checking acct. So they gave me one of those starter checks and gave me the check dated for the 1st. because they will be on vacation that week. How long does it take for a check to clear or how long do i have to see if it bounces? I use Valley National Bank and the bank the check is written is Wachovia. Thanks in advance ;-)How long does it take for a personal check to clear? Please read?
It should clear in 3-5 business days. Truly, you need to ask your bank. But typical is 3-5 business days.How long does it take for a personal check to clear? Please read?
It depends on both their bank, and yours.





If you are unsure about the validity of their finances, I would take the check to THEIR bank on the 1st and cash it. The $3 or so fee is cheap compared to a bounce check and you will KNOW immediately if the check is good.






It depends on alot of things, if it's a local check, if your account is in good standing, what time and day you deposit it.
3 to 5 days unless you go on the 1st. to Wachovia, an they can tell you right away. My advice is to go straight to their bank. I hope it works out for you. Keep me in touch good luck.
  • sunburn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment