Thursday, February 11, 2010

How long does it take a check to clear at Bank of America?

Mu employer personally went and deposited my paycheck into my acct yesterday and i checked this morning %26amp; it hasn't cleared yet. How long will it take? They didn't even put a partial amt in yet! My paycheck is from BOA alsoHow long does it take a check to clear at Bank of America?
If it was deposited Friday after 2pm the bank is on Monday's business day so the check will not post until Monday night. Since the check was written off a BofA account there should be no reason for a hold. You might want to consider signing up for direct deposit, because it makes the money available the day you were supposed to get paid so you don't have to wait as long for the money to clear.How long does it take a check to clear at Bank of America?
Do you have direct deposit through your employer? I don't know what you mean by your employer went and personally deposited your check. He shouldn't be able to make deposits on your account, even as an employer.





I have direct deposit through my employer and bank at BOA and my paycheck amount will be added to my current balance and show as an available balance (but not actual balance) around 2 am on payday. Usually by the afternoon or sometimes the following monday it'll show the transaction for the direct deposit and then give me a more accurate balance.





I would get with the bank and see if they're holding the check for some reason or if it was even deposited. Sounds kinda fishy that he went and ';personally'; deposited the check.
How could your employer do that without you first endorsing the check? And more to the point, why would they? I think you are misinformed or being lied to.

No comments:

Post a Comment