Thursday, February 18, 2010

Can I clear the check engine code myself on a Chrysler 300c?

My check engine light came on the other day in spite of the car performing perfectly normal. When I filled up with gas, the gas cap was barely on and I assume that's the reason for the light. Now the cap is on tight but the light remains on. I'm assuming it stays there until cleared, is there any way I can do it myself by pulling a fuse, etc? I would prefer not to disconnect the battery and screw up all my seat memories, radio presets, etc..Can I clear the check engine code myself on a Chrysler 300c?
You can take it to Auto Zone and they will run the code on the diagnostic machine and I think they clear it out as well





This will tell you what the problem is and could be something as you need a new gas cap (happened to me on my old Jimmy last year the gas cap was bad and needed to be replaced)





If not you're going to have to do a hard computer reset which does include disconnecting the batteryCan I clear the check engine code myself on a Chrysler 300c?
take it to a parts store have the code read and have them turn it off.you may have a bad gas cap as chryslers are known for that,i just had to replace my wife's gas cap because it kept setting the light off.
If the light is on because of the gas cap, it should reset itself after a few days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment