Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My record in CA. is cleared but my recent background check didn't clear. How can I clear it up?

I moved out of the US recently and tried to apply for a job. My background check didn't clear due to something that WAS on my record in the past. I've called DMV, the courthouse and franchise and they all have said that my record is cleared. Which I did clear it. I had to pay up. How can I go about trying to clear my name?My record in CA. is cleared but my recent background check didn't clear. How can I clear it up?
It is unclear what you mean by your ';record is cleared.'; The most you can get in California is what is CALLED an ';expungment,'; but which does not really remove the conviction entirely from your record. Except in unusual cases you do not need a laywer to get that relief. Here is information about that:





http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp/oth鈥?/a>My record in CA. is cleared but my recent background check didn't clear. How can I clear it up?
Iam a bit confused as to why you said it didn't clear, something about franchise and DMV. The only thing on a DMV record (as opposed to criminal) that would really impact a background check would be a DWI. That can't be cleared or expunged and depending on the state it will stay on your record for 7 to 11 years.





You can pay everything off but the charges remain.





One thought though is that background checks are also predicated on a persons credit history. You can have a house, credit cards, a car loan, 200k in investments and whatnot and still be surprised at all the little errors on a credit report.
Paying up is not the same thing as clearing your record. A conviction or guilty plea remains on the record unless you file a petition to ';expunge'; it. See a CA lawyer to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment