Thursday, February 11, 2010

How long will it take my check to clear?

This morning, I deposited a check in my account..(I bank with Regions), for a little over 5000 dollars, and I was under the impression that it would clear right away, as my previous check deposits always have. When I got home, however, I went online to check my balance and the check hasn't cleared yet! My husband said that since it's the weekend, it might take longer than usual, but I really needed the money in my account in order to make some purchases tomorrow.How long will it take my check to clear?
Everything has to go through nightly processing except cash which is processed immediately. Checks typically take 2-3 days to clear unless they are out of state checks for large amounts. Money deposited on Friday after 4 pm or whatever the bank's cut off time is, won't even go through the system until Monday night.





You can call the assistant manager to see if a hold was placed on the check. If it was from out of town or you usually have a very low balance and never deposit large checks it may have a 10 day hold.How long will it take my check to clear?
That depends on Regions' funds availability guidelines. Usually, checks with no hold placed will be available the next business day. If you made a deposit today, Friday, then it should be available tomorrow. If they did place a hold on it for whatever reason, then they should have notified you at the time of the transaction, but you may want to give them a call to find out exactly when all your deposit will be available.
Call the bank-(send online note/request) -ask for what you need of the amount. They're used to this scenario. besides you often deposit large amounts.





Usually large checks from known companies clear in a day. Monday, you money will be there.
ANY transaction that happens on Saturday or Sunday is treated as a Monday transaction. NO deposit actually 'clears' until the close of business on the business day the deposit is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment