Thursday, February 18, 2010

Will I clear the background check for NYS corrections if I spend one night in a mental institution ?

Mental health is part of your medical records, which are confidential under HIPPA law, so they would not have access to that information.





However, if an officer responded and wrote a report, they would have access to that. Intentionally cutting yourself, regardless of the reason, would not be favorable. It may not disqualify you, but it would definitely be something that would work against you.Will I clear the background check for NYS corrections if I spend one night in a mental institution ?
I think it may depend on your age. But if you were not charged with a crime than I would see about having it cleared from your past record. I also hope you take some anger management classes for what you did do. It may show up and if you know it is, be honest with the Chief. If you are a good person for this type of job you may be able to work it out. Good luck!!!!!Will I clear the background check for NYS corrections if I spend one night in a mental institution ?
I think it would depend on whether you where placed under arrest first but if not then it should be a problem those records should be included in a background check if they are looking for criminal problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment