Thursday, February 11, 2010

When will a check clear with pnc bank?

I wrote myself a check ($2000) from one checking account to another, deposited via ATM, 2 days ago after bank hours. It finally posted to my account today, but is not available yet. It is included in my ledger balance but not available balance. They say it SHOULD be available tomorrow. I have a check out that I need that money for, if it goes through, will PNC pay it due to my ledger balance or return it unpaid citing insufficient funds because of my available balance?When will a check clear with pnc bank?
Rule number one, never write a check that you don't already have funds in your account to cover.





Other than that, I can't tell you when it will be credited to your account or when the other check will be cashed or if PNC will cover the check if the funds weren't credited to your account yet, or whatever...





If you follow rule number one, you don't have to worry about any of this other stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment