Thursday, February 18, 2010

How long does it take for a background check to clear? I interviewed for a company...?

...a few weeks ago and was told that I'm going to get the offer. They finally had me do an online application (after meeting 3 times with different people) and told me they were just going to run my background now. I have nothing on it, so it's no big deal. But this was THURSDAY that I did it... when should it go through?How long does it take for a background check to clear? I interviewed for a company...?
Background checks take different amount of times to runt through. For example, I had a background check run on me a few months ago for a job position as well, and that took about 4 or 5 days. But I also used to work at a gun and ammunition store and when we sold firearms, the background check for that took 10 days, so I guess it really depends who the run the background check through and if they are looking for specific things. Either way, it should average out to about a weeks wait to get back the results.How long does it take for a background check to clear? I interviewed for a company...?
I wouldn't bet on getting a job here. I would try somewhere else. The online application should have been first. Sounds like this company has some problems because 3 different people didnt ask for your application. Background checks depend on the job if you need security clearance. Otherwise that should have been done by now I would have thought.
It would depend on the company that was hired to do the work. The time for my current job in NYC took approximately one week. The higher the position, the longer.
I would expect no less than a week's time for a background check. If you've lived in different states, this can take time as your current state has to get information from previous state officials. As we all know, government offices are very slow. Don't worry about this, because you basically have the job. Relax and congratulate yourself for your success.
  • sunburn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment