Thursday, February 18, 2010

How long does a check take to clear from wachovia?

I don't have any available funds in my Wachovia checking account right now.However, tomorrow is payday so I will have funds available.


I know some merchants cash your check right away and I just wanted to know that if I use a check at walgreens tonight, will my check be declined?How long does a check take to clear from wachovia?
This is old news so you already know the answer because your check was accepted or declined already.





Still, the answer is ';it depends';. First, if the merchant has the right software, they can find out if you have enough funds immediately. I doubt they would bother for small amounts though.





Next, if your money is direct deposited, it should take a day or so to clear. The merchant batches all your checks together and makes an electronic deposit with the physical checks as backup. Wachovia should process all payroll deposits before they process checks so the funds should be there first. Of course, if the merchant is really small, he may actually deposit all the checks and then you have days.

No comments:

Post a Comment