Monday, February 22, 2010

How much money (minimum) must I have in my checking account before I can clear a check?

The amount of money you wrote the check for....How much money (minimum) must I have in my checking account before I can clear a check?
You have to have the amount that you write the check for.





A penny less and you'll be in the negative, and you may be charged a fine for that.





So make sure you positively have enough, if not more than what your check is worth, before you write one.How much money (minimum) must I have in my checking account before I can clear a check?
Enough to cover the check! If the check is for $5.00, you must have $5.00 (unless you have an account that demands a minimum balance).
You're going to wind up in jail. It's illegal to write a check without the available funds in the bank to cover it.
The amount that the check is worth.
You might want to think of overdraft protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment