Thursday, February 18, 2010

How Long for Check to clear w/ Citi Or Washington Mutual?

I'm going to receiving a check in the amount of $65,000 from the large company JG Wentworth. Right now I currently have a WAMU and Citi bank checking account. How long do you think it will take to clear?





Any help would be appreciated.How Long for Check to clear w/ Citi Or Washington Mutual?
7-14 days since it has to be reported to the Government


that much $$$$$ is red flagged as possible suspiciousHow Long for Check to clear w/ Citi Or Washington Mutual?
Depends on your relationship with the banks. My old business partner and I had put large escrow checks into our accounts. (mine was Union, hers was WaMU). Because she was familiar with the branch manager and tellers, they verified the funds and released the amount to her that day. because I do most of my banking transactions online or via the ATM, they wanted to hold my check for 10 days. After two days of arguing with the branch manager and threatening to remove my account, they finally verified and released the funds.


I suggest before you make the actual deposit, ask the teller how long the hold policy is and if there is any way they could verify the funds to avoid a hold on the money. If the teller isn't helping, ask for the branch manager and just be polite. They hate it when you make a fuss in the middle of the bank.
I've never deposited one of that amount but we I deposited a check for $15,000 I was told 5-7 business days by WAMU in Georgia.
  • sunburn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment